A fantesticle parnership with Strada24!
Cycle your nuts off at the first ever 24 hour road cycle race in Africa
7 – 8 December 2019
Redstar Raceway - Johannesburg
Your fantesticle package deal includes the following
- Get your entry fee (R 1500) reimbursed PLUS a shirt and buff - see below how it works
- A 24 hour Cycle race in a safe, exciting and very well controlled environement
- A real life adventure that brings amateur, pro and cycling enthusiasts together to create unforgettable memories
- A dedicated area in the cycle-pit-stop, to set up your race camp
- Race timing chips on each bike with accurate race timing, by Finish Time
- 24 hour experienced track marshalls
- Paramedics an medical assistance on site
- Product testing: try out new bikes, wheels & other products on the track
- Great food truck fest
- Cocktail bar with amazing entertainment
- Special Event Diploma for all race finishers
How to get your entry and merchandise for free
You have to register for the race with Strada24 here and create a fundraiser as decribed below:
If you raise R2500 or more, you get your entry fee (R 1500) reimbursed.
If you raise R3000 or more, you get your entry fee (R 1500) reimbursed PLUS a shirt and buff. Please note: To qualify for the shirt and buff R 3000 must be raised by 1 October 2019 because of delivery time.
The steps to create your fundraiser are explained in the next paragraph "How to enter". No banking details needed. To register with GivenGain is for free.
Share your fundraiser link with friends, family and colleagues via e-mail and social media, asking them for donations. Tell them that you are raising awareness for a fantesticle cause. You are making young men aware about testicular cancer which is the most common cancer in the age gruop 15 to 40. Besides awareness you raise funds for the foundation and your reward is to get your entry fee reimbursed. So with a little bit of effort your entry and the merchandise can be for free.
If a/your company sponsors you Love Your Nuts is a registered Section 18A, non-profit organisation and can issue tax certificates. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
How to enter
- Open this link on the GivenGain website.
- On the event page, click on “Start fundraising” to register a fundraising project with your Facebook login details or an e-mail address. (if you don't have a GivenGain profile it will take you a page to create one first)
- When logged in, click on “Select” next to "Love Your Nuts foundation".
- Complete the project steps, adding a video, photo or both and providing information about your project eg. why are you running for this cause? (Check out the other project to get ideas)
- Set a realistic fundraising goal – you can always change it later.
- Set the date when your project ends a week after the event. Chances are that people donating after the event because they saw and article or heard about it later.
- Share your fundraising project link with friends, family and colleagues via e-mail and social media, asking them for donations.
- Download the fundraiser guide for the Strada24 race here. It includes tips on how to get people to donate for your project.
- All funds raised will go to Love Your Nuts, even if you don’t reach your fundraising goal. Your fundraiser will not stop if you reach your target before the end date.
On another nut: For those who can't paricipate at the Strada 24 event but want to join the Nuts Team anywhere in the world here is the link to the running campaign and cycling campaign where you can register. Download the GivenGain fundraiser guide here.
What we do with the funds you've raised
LYN Goodie bag – a bag that can save a child’s life
Testicular cancer is most common between 15 and 40 and we target this age group.
We visit schools to educate the students in a humorous way about the risks of cancer and that early detection is lifesaving. We launch the cancer school programme with a educational/motivational talk by a survivor at the school. Every student receives a branded goodie bag.
A humorous and lifesaving way to reach the community through their connection to a school. One goodie bag is likely to reach more than 7 people because of the current household situation in South Africa. We educate a chaild for less than R 25 (less than US$ 2) about cancer and the importance of early detection.
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Thanks for your fantesticle support!
Testicular cancer survivor, CEO & Founder